Lighting Update: Energy Management Collaborative Marks 1 Billion kWh Savings, Illinois Walgreens Retrofits with LEDs
Energy Management Collaborative (EMC) recognized a milestone this month when its completed lighting retrofit projects produced a billion kWh of energy savings. A variety of customers, including major retail chains, multinational industrial and commercial corporations, healthcare providers and government entities are all markets in which EMC completed projects that achieved 1 billion kWh in savings. Project environments ranged from office buildings and distribution centers to retail outlets and parking lots.
EMC’s collaborative relationships with utilities across the United States also contributed to its reaching the billion kWh mark by enabling it to leverage rebates and incentives for lower initial costs.
Walgreens selected LED lighting from Acuity Brands to reduce energy usage in its 15,900-sq-foot Buffalo Grove, Ill., store. The Buffalo Grove location was previously equipped with traditional fluorescent fixtures on the sales floor and metal halide fixtures in exterior soffits. On the interior, Walgreens installed RT Series LED luminaires from Lithonia Lighting throughout the sales floor. Additionally, Z Series LED Strip lights were installed in the vestibule, and for architectural downlighting, Ecos Square LED downlights from Gotham were installed in the pharmacy, and Acculamp PAR38 LED lamps were installed in the track lighting throughout the facility. On the building exterior, CSX LED luminaires were used for energy savings.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide