Lighting Update: Energy Management Collaborative Marks 1 Billion kWh Savings, Illinois Walgreens Retrofits with LEDs
Energy Management Collaborative (EMC) recognized a milestone this month when its completed lighting retrofit projects produced a billion kWh of energy savings. A variety of customers, including major retail chains, multinational industrial and commercial corporations, healthcare providers and government entities are all markets in which EMC completed projects that achieved 1 billion kWh in savings. Project environments ranged from office buildings and distribution centers to retail outlets and parking lots.
EMC’s collaborative relationships with utilities across the United States also contributed to its reaching the billion kWh mark by enabling it to leverage rebates and incentives for lower initial costs.
Walgreens selected LED lighting from Acuity Brands to reduce energy usage in its 15,900-sq-foot Buffalo Grove, Ill., store. The Buffalo Grove location was previously equipped with traditional fluorescent fixtures on the sales floor and metal halide fixtures in exterior soffits. On the interior, Walgreens installed RT Series LED luminaires from Lithonia Lighting throughout the sales floor. Additionally, Z Series LED Strip lights were installed in the vestibule, and for architectural downlighting, Ecos Square LED downlights from Gotham were installed in the pharmacy, and Acculamp PAR38 LED lamps were installed in the track lighting throughout the facility. On the building exterior, CSX LED luminaires were used for energy savings.
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement