Lighting Update: Energy Management Collaborative Marks 1 Billion kWh Savings, Illinois Walgreens Retrofits with LEDs
Energy Management Collaborative (EMC) recognized a milestone this month when its completed lighting retrofit projects produced a billion kWh of energy savings. A variety of customers, including major retail chains, multinational industrial and commercial corporations, healthcare providers and government entities are all markets in which EMC completed projects that achieved 1 billion kWh in savings. Project environments ranged from office buildings and distribution centers to retail outlets and parking lots.
EMC’s collaborative relationships with utilities across the United States also contributed to its reaching the billion kWh mark by enabling it to leverage rebates and incentives for lower initial costs.
Walgreens selected LED lighting from Acuity Brands to reduce energy usage in its 15,900-sq-foot Buffalo Grove, Ill., store. The Buffalo Grove location was previously equipped with traditional fluorescent fixtures on the sales floor and metal halide fixtures in exterior soffits. On the interior, Walgreens installed RT Series LED luminaires from Lithonia Lighting throughout the sales floor. Additionally, Z Series LED Strip lights were installed in the vestibule, and for architectural downlighting, Ecos Square LED downlights from Gotham were installed in the pharmacy, and Acculamp PAR38 LED lamps were installed in the track lighting throughout the facility. On the building exterior, CSX LED luminaires were used for energy savings.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management