Lighting Upgrade Program Cuts Hotel Energy Costs
In the United States, lighting accounts for approximately 23 percent of a hotel’s energy cost. Hubbell Lighting announced createchange, an energy-efficient lighting program that can cut hospitality electricity costs by 60 percent.
The program consists of two parts:
- A suite of audit tools and other product-selection resources implemented with Hubbell Lighting consultants that allow hotels to forecast the economic impact of various lighting retrofit strategies and identify any utility rebates that are available.
- Compare in the Air, a 90-day trial program that allows customers to validate cost-saving estimates in buildings or outdoor environments with up to four Hubbell Lighting products.
The createchange program also includes a comprehensive evaluation of hospitality lighting solutions for lobbies, conference rooms, meeting rooms, common areas, building exteriors, landscapes, signage, parking lots and garages. For example, replacing 15 lobby quartz 500 W downlights with Prescolite’s MegaLum LED downlights will save the business approximately $17,063 a year.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards