Lighting Upgrade Program Cuts Hotel Energy Costs
In the United States, lighting accounts for approximately 23 percent of a hotel’s energy cost. Hubbell Lighting announced createchange, an energy-efficient lighting program that can cut hospitality electricity costs by 60 percent.
The program consists of two parts:
- A suite of audit tools and other product-selection resources implemented with Hubbell Lighting consultants that allow hotels to forecast the economic impact of various lighting retrofit strategies and identify any utility rebates that are available.
- Compare in the Air, a 90-day trial program that allows customers to validate cost-saving estimates in buildings or outdoor environments with up to four Hubbell Lighting products.
The createchange program also includes a comprehensive evaluation of hospitality lighting solutions for lobbies, conference rooms, meeting rooms, common areas, building exteriors, landscapes, signage, parking lots and garages. For example, replacing 15 lobby quartz 500 W downlights with Prescolite’s MegaLum LED downlights will save the business approximately $17,063 a year.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- The Sustainable Edge™
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal