Lighting Upgrade Program Cuts Hotel Energy Costs
In the United States, lighting accounts for approximately 23 percent of a hotel’s energy cost. Hubbell Lighting announced createchange, an energy-efficient lighting program that can cut hospitality electricity costs by 60 percent.
The program consists of two parts:
- A suite of audit tools and other product-selection resources implemented with Hubbell Lighting consultants that allow hotels to forecast the economic impact of various lighting retrofit strategies and identify any utility rebates that are available.
- Compare in the Air, a 90-day trial program that allows customers to validate cost-saving estimates in buildings or outdoor environments with up to four Hubbell Lighting products.
The createchange program also includes a comprehensive evaluation of hospitality lighting solutions for lobbies, conference rooms, meeting rooms, common areas, building exteriors, landscapes, signage, parking lots and garages. For example, replacing 15 lobby quartz 500 W downlights with Prescolite’s MegaLum LED downlights will save the business approximately $17,063 a year.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement