Lighting Upgrade Program Cuts Hotel Energy Costs
In the United States, lighting accounts for approximately 23 percent of a hotel’s energy cost. Hubbell Lighting announced createchange, an energy-efficient lighting program that can cut hospitality electricity costs by 60 percent.
The program consists of two parts:
- A suite of audit tools and other product-selection resources implemented with Hubbell Lighting consultants that allow hotels to forecast the economic impact of various lighting retrofit strategies and identify any utility rebates that are available.
- Compare in the Air, a 90-day trial program that allows customers to validate cost-saving estimates in buildings or outdoor environments with up to four Hubbell Lighting products.
The createchange program also includes a comprehensive evaluation of hospitality lighting solutions for lobbies, conference rooms, meeting rooms, common areas, building exteriors, landscapes, signage, parking lots and garages. For example, replacing 15 lobby quartz 500 W downlights with Prescolite’s MegaLum LED downlights will save the business approximately $17,063 a year.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies