Lincoln Tunnel Gets $2.1M LED Lighting Retrofit
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey awarded Constellation a contract for the installation of 2,300 energy efficient LED lights in the Lincoln Tunnel. Under the terms of the contract, the $2.1 million lighting upgrade is expected to provide more than $283,000 in energy savings annually to the Port Authority. The resulting energy savings will be used to fund the cost of the project.
In 2012, Constellation was selected by competitive request for proposal to provide $8.7 million in energy conservation measures for the Port Authority Bus Terminal and the Lincoln Tunnel. Together, the projects are anticipated to provide more than $1 million in energy savings annually over 15 years.
The 45-watt Lincoln Tunnel LED lights will consume roughly half the energy of the existing 70-watt high-pressure sodium and 100-watt metal halide fixtures and reduce electricity use by an estimated 1.2 million kWh annually.
Facilities Solution Group installed the system. Green RG Management provided the LED fixtures. Green Econometrics conducted the energy efficiency analysis of the project.
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Combined Heat and Power
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide