Lincoln Tunnel Gets $2.1M LED Lighting Retrofit
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey awarded Constellation a contract for the installation of 2,300 energy efficient LED lights in the Lincoln Tunnel. Under the terms of the contract, the $2.1 million lighting upgrade is expected to provide more than $283,000 in energy savings annually to the Port Authority. The resulting energy savings will be used to fund the cost of the project.
In 2012, Constellation was selected by competitive request for proposal to provide $8.7 million in energy conservation measures for the Port Authority Bus Terminal and the Lincoln Tunnel. Together, the projects are anticipated to provide more than $1 million in energy savings annually over 15 years.
The 45-watt Lincoln Tunnel LED lights will consume roughly half the energy of the existing 70-watt high-pressure sodium and 100-watt metal halide fixtures and reduce electricity use by an estimated 1.2 million kWh annually.
Facilities Solution Group installed the system. Green RG Management provided the LED fixtures. Green Econometrics conducted the energy efficiency analysis of the project.
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings