Lincoln Tunnel Gets $2.1M LED Lighting Retrofit
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey awarded Constellation a contract for the installation of 2,300 energy efficient LED lights in the Lincoln Tunnel. Under the terms of the contract, the $2.1 million lighting upgrade is expected to provide more than $283,000 in energy savings annually to the Port Authority. The resulting energy savings will be used to fund the cost of the project.
In 2012, Constellation was selected by competitive request for proposal to provide $8.7 million in energy conservation measures for the Port Authority Bus Terminal and the Lincoln Tunnel. Together, the projects are anticipated to provide more than $1 million in energy savings annually over 15 years.
The 45-watt Lincoln Tunnel LED lights will consume roughly half the energy of the existing 70-watt high-pressure sodium and 100-watt metal halide fixtures and reduce electricity use by an estimated 1.2 million kWh annually.
Facilities Solution Group installed the system. Green RG Management provided the LED fixtures. Green Econometrics conducted the energy efficiency analysis of the project.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management