Lincoln Tunnel Gets $2.1M LED Lighting Retrofit
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey awarded Constellation a contract for the installation of 2,300 energy efficient LED lights in the Lincoln Tunnel. Under the terms of the contract, the $2.1 million lighting upgrade is expected to provide more than $283,000 in energy savings annually to the Port Authority. The resulting energy savings will be used to fund the cost of the project.
In 2012, Constellation was selected by competitive request for proposal to provide $8.7 million in energy conservation measures for the Port Authority Bus Terminal and the Lincoln Tunnel. Together, the projects are anticipated to provide more than $1 million in energy savings annually over 15 years.
The 45-watt Lincoln Tunnel LED lights will consume roughly half the energy of the existing 70-watt high-pressure sodium and 100-watt metal halide fixtures and reduce electricity use by an estimated 1.2 million kWh annually.
Facilities Solution Group installed the system. Green RG Management provided the LED fixtures. Green Econometrics conducted the energy efficiency analysis of the project.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws