Locus Energy Launches Virtual Irradiance Solar Analytics
Locus Energy launched an irradiance modeling tool, Virtual Irradiance (VI), which provides solar fleet operators with data on the amount of sunlight that is striking the ground, enabling an accurate assessment of solar PV system performance.
VI allows solar fleet managers to determine if a system is performing up to expectations based on the amount of sunlight that is available at a particular time and location. The data enables operators to identify which solar systems fail to meet performance expectations, assess how much value was lost and solve problems at an individual site or across an entire portfolio.
VI uses data from weather stations and satellite imagery. For small- to medium- sized systems, VI eliminates the need for an on-site sensor, which may be prohibitively expensive. For larger systems at which an on-site sensor may already have been installed, VI can fill gaps in and validate sensor data, which can become skewed due to miscalibration, soiling and other factors.
Extra Space Storage, an owner and operator of self-storage properties with more than 700,000 units under management, is partnering with Locus Energy on VI to help manage its portfolio of 150 solar systems.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Combined Heat and Power
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies