The London Underground Goes with EnerNOC
The London underground will use EnerNOCs demand response technology, according to the company.
The Tube is the largest user of electricity in London and the largest private user of electricity in the United Kingdom, according to the press release. EnerNOC will enable the Tube to participate in demand response programs that will reward it for using energy flexibly – such as using backup power capacity during times of peak demand – to lower overall demand on the National Grid.
The Tube, according to the release, will be able to manage use in a manner reducing the risk of outages as well as save money.
EnerNOC and PwC are trying to convince corporate executives that energy management is a financial issue that deserves attention at the highest levels of the organization.
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection