London Zoo Achieves Low Energy Accreditation
In the United Kingdom, a new organization – Low Energy Limited – will give accreditation under a green energy scheme. ZSL London Zoo is to become the first organization to be accredited as a low energy company (LEC) under the new low energy scheme, which is set to also become an industrial training course in the UK.
Low Energy Limited will help large companies train a proportion of their employees and suppliers in sustainable behavior.
NIFES Consulting Group, using its understanding of energy issues, developed site-specific training for staff at the ZSL London Zoo, giving them a basic understanding of energy management skills.
Low Energy Limited is a sister company to the Energy Managers Association, which was founded by Lord Rupert Redesdale in April 2012 because he said it was important for energy managers to receive formal training.
Lord Redesdale, who also created Low Energy Limited, predicts companies representing three to five million workers will become LEC accredited in the next five years, making it the largest industrial training initiative in the UK.
The scheme also helps companies gain a better understanding of ways they can reduce their energy bills, and it encourages staff in all areas to make a contribution to that. In addition, the LEC encourages companies to take the energy management training throughout their supply chains.
Low Energy Limited is reported to be seeking endorsement from the Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) for the LEC scheme.
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era
- The Sustainable Edge™