Long Beach, CA, Deploying Smart Meters
Long Beach, CA, is deploying smart gas meters throughout Long Beach and Signal Hill. The goal is to make natural gas usage more efficient and eliminate monthly visits to homes and businesses by meter readers.
The meters will increase the accuracy of data that is collected. The meters also will send notifications of leaks or other problems, according to the story in the Long Beach Post. The meters will enable customers to stop and start service in real time.
The project will start on February 1. More than 1,000 meters were converted in a pilot project last year.
ComEd has been deploying smart meters in homes and businesses across northern Illinois since 2011. In September, The Chicago Tribune reported that the next phase of the project is underway in Park Ridge.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash