Long Beach, CA, Deploying Smart Meters
Long Beach, CA, is deploying smart gas meters throughout Long Beach and Signal Hill. The goal is to make natural gas usage more efficient and eliminate monthly visits to homes and businesses by meter readers.
The meters will increase the accuracy of data that is collected. The meters also will send notifications of leaks or other problems, according to the story in the Long Beach Post. The meters will enable customers to stop and start service in real time.
The project will start on February 1. More than 1,000 meters were converted in a pilot project last year.
ComEd has been deploying smart meters in homes and businesses across northern Illinois since 2011. In September, The Chicago Tribune reported that the next phase of the project is underway in Park Ridge.
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals