Los Angeles Hospitals Install CHP
Regatta Solutions secured an order to implement Capstone microturbine technology at two hospitals in Los Angeles.
Two Capstone C800 natural gas-fueled microturbines will be installed at Providence Holy Cross Medical Center and used in a Combined Heat and Power (CHP) application to offset the facility’s electric base load in addition to providing steam and hot water.
Providence Holy Cross took advantage of California’s Self-Generation Incentive Program (SGIP), which provides incentives to support existing, new, and emerging distributed energy resources.
At a separate hospital location, Regatta Solutions secured an order for a Capstone C1000 natural gas microturbine. This hospital location will be using a Combined Cooling Heat and Power application, offsetting the electric base load while also utilizing the exhaust heat to provide absorption chilling. This project qualified for over $500,000 in SGIP incentives, adding to the benefits associated with energy efficient turbine technology.
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement