Los Angeles Hospitals Install CHP
Regatta Solutions secured an order to implement Capstone microturbine technology at two hospitals in Los Angeles.
Two Capstone C800 natural gas-fueled microturbines will be installed at Providence Holy Cross Medical Center and used in a Combined Heat and Power (CHP) application to offset the facility’s electric base load in addition to providing steam and hot water.
Providence Holy Cross took advantage of California’s Self-Generation Incentive Program (SGIP), which provides incentives to support existing, new, and emerging distributed energy resources.
At a separate hospital location, Regatta Solutions secured an order for a Capstone C1000 natural gas microturbine. This hospital location will be using a Combined Cooling Heat and Power application, offsetting the electric base load while also utilizing the exhaust heat to provide absorption chilling. This project qualified for over $500,000 in SGIP incentives, adding to the benefits associated with energy efficient turbine technology.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- There’s Money in the Trash