Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
Alta Energy completed a 504.7 kW solar generation system at Westfield Century City shopping center in Los Angeles, California. The project represents the sixth solar PV system deployed at Westfield Corporation properties and managed by Alta Energy.
The Westfield Century City project is part of the Los Angeles Department of Water & Power’s Solar Photovoltaic Incentive Program. The system is forecasted to generate over 730,000 kWh annually, which represents a significant portion of the mall’s energy consumption.
In other news, Sunrun announced a partnership with the Westfield Corporation to bring interactive stations to malls in New York and California; the stations will educate consumers on the ease and cost savings of installing residential solar and provide customized home proposals.
Interactive stations will launch initially on Long Island and in Los Angeles, San Diego and San Jose, with additional Westfield locations potentially planned for later in 2015.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles