Low-Energy Air Filters Reduce HVAC Costs
Energy efficiency alone isn’t enough to reduce HVAC costs, so Camfil low-energy air filters were designed to achieve this purpose.
Norland Managed Services managed a London office building that was home to one of the world’s major financial institutions and indoor air quality could not be compromised. Camfil designs remove dangerous particles from the air than more traditional filters, while requiring less energy to do so.
In a test trial in 600,000-square-foot office building in central London, one air handling unit was fitted with a single-stage Camfil Hi-Flo M7 Bag Filter. The filter featured an innovative, sustainability-focused design and no modification of the building’s infrastructure was necessary.
Over a four-month testing period, pressure and energy readings were recorded at specified intervals. The result was air quality was improved while energy consumption and carbon emissions reduced. In total, a 26-percent savings was achieved. And the air filters lasted far longer than the previous designs, waste and disposal costs also reduced.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Combined Heat and Power
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management