Low-Energy Air Filters Reduce HVAC Costs
Energy efficiency alone isn’t enough to reduce HVAC costs, so Camfil low-energy air filters were designed to achieve this purpose.
Norland Managed Services managed a London office building that was home to one of the world’s major financial institutions and indoor air quality could not be compromised. Camfil designs remove dangerous particles from the air than more traditional filters, while requiring less energy to do so.
In a test trial in 600,000-square-foot office building in central London, one air handling unit was fitted with a single-stage Camfil Hi-Flo M7 Bag Filter. The filter featured an innovative, sustainability-focused design and no modification of the building’s infrastructure was necessary.
Over a four-month testing period, pressure and energy readings were recorded at specified intervals. The result was air quality was improved while energy consumption and carbon emissions reduced. In total, a 26-percent savings was achieved. And the air filters lasted far longer than the previous designs, waste and disposal costs also reduced.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement