Lucid Raises $8M to Grow ‘Smart Building’ Platform
Lucid has raised $8.2 million in Series B funding to expand the capabilities of its BuildingOS platform. BuildingOS provides device connectivity and analytics in commercial buildings to help building managers make better decisions and improve performance.
Formation 8 Partners led the funding round, which also included investment from Zetta Venture Partners.
Lucid’s “operating system” for buildings serves as a central information hub for every system, meter and device. It connects with more than 150 metering and building systems, including building automation, submeters, lighting and plug load controls, on-site generation and demand response, as well as electric and gas utilities. The platform also provides instant integration for supported vendors’ Internet-connected hardware, and real-time analytics.
Building automation is a $35 billion global business and is growing at a rate of 55 percent annually, according to Lucid, adding that 94 percent of commercial buildings don’t have advanced building systems.
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Connected Buildings, Connected People: A Look to the Future
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies