Lucid Raises $8M to Grow ‘Smart Building’ Platform
Lucid has raised $8.2 million in Series B funding to expand the capabilities of its BuildingOS platform. BuildingOS provides device connectivity and analytics in commercial buildings to help building managers make better decisions and improve performance.
Formation 8 Partners led the funding round, which also included investment from Zetta Venture Partners.
Lucid’s “operating system” for buildings serves as a central information hub for every system, meter and device. It connects with more than 150 metering and building systems, including building automation, submeters, lighting and plug load controls, on-site generation and demand response, as well as electric and gas utilities. The platform also provides instant integration for supported vendors’ Internet-connected hardware, and real-time analytics.
Building automation is a $35 billion global business and is growing at a rate of 55 percent annually, according to Lucid, adding that 94 percent of commercial buildings don’t have advanced building systems.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation