Lucid Raises $8M to Grow ‘Smart Building’ Platform
Lucid has raised $8.2 million in Series B funding to expand the capabilities of its BuildingOS platform. BuildingOS provides device connectivity and analytics in commercial buildings to help building managers make better decisions and improve performance.
Formation 8 Partners led the funding round, which also included investment from Zetta Venture Partners.
Lucid’s “operating system” for buildings serves as a central information hub for every system, meter and device. It connects with more than 150 metering and building systems, including building automation, submeters, lighting and plug load controls, on-site generation and demand response, as well as electric and gas utilities. The platform also provides instant integration for supported vendors’ Internet-connected hardware, and real-time analytics.
Building automation is a $35 billion global business and is growing at a rate of 55 percent annually, according to Lucid, adding that 94 percent of commercial buildings don’t have advanced building systems.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 2015 Insider Knowledge