Lutron, Siemens Join for Commercial Building Energy Efficiency
Lutron Electronics and the Building Technologies Division of Siemens Industry are collaborating to make commercial buildings more energy efficient. The Lutron Quantum Total Light Management System, which controls lights, shades, and small appliances, and the Siemens APOGEE Building Automation System, which allows multiple building systems to work together regardless of their architecture, can be integrated together via BACnet.
With the two systems sharing information, facility managers and building owners can better evaluate the energy usage within their buildings via a “single pane of glass,” say the companies. Instead of disparate pieces of software to manage all of the different building systems – lighting, shading, HVAC, door access, fire/safety, energy metering – BACnet makes it possible to integrate all of the software tools into one.
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Integrated Building Optimization
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement