Lutron, Siemens Join for Commercial Building Energy Efficiency
Lutron Electronics and the Building Technologies Division of Siemens Industry are collaborating to make commercial buildings more energy efficient. The Lutron Quantum Total Light Management System, which controls lights, shades, and small appliances, and the Siemens APOGEE Building Automation System, which allows multiple building systems to work together regardless of their architecture, can be integrated together via BACnet.
With the two systems sharing information, facility managers and building owners can better evaluate the energy usage within their buildings via a “single pane of glass,” say the companies. Instead of disparate pieces of software to manage all of the different building systems – lighting, shading, HVAC, door access, fire/safety, energy metering – BACnet makes it possible to integrate all of the software tools into one.
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management