Lutron, Siemens Join for Commercial Building Energy Efficiency
Lutron Electronics and the Building Technologies Division of Siemens Industry are collaborating to make commercial buildings more energy efficient. The Lutron Quantum Total Light Management System, which controls lights, shades, and small appliances, and the Siemens APOGEE Building Automation System, which allows multiple building systems to work together regardless of their architecture, can be integrated together via BACnet.
With the two systems sharing information, facility managers and building owners can better evaluate the energy usage within their buildings via a “single pane of glass,” say the companies. Instead of disparate pieces of software to manage all of the different building systems – lighting, shading, HVAC, door access, fire/safety, energy metering – BACnet makes it possible to integrate all of the software tools into one.
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- The Sustainable Edge™
- Under the Lens: Claiming Green
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity