Luxury London Apartments Install CHP
Vital Energi won a $5.5 million deal to provide a combined heat and power plant (CHP) for the new 28-story Merano Residences, a luxury apartment development in London.
When combined with design features and sustainable technology, such as solar panels, Merano Residences is expected to achieve Code for Sustainable Homes Level 4 and BREEAM “Very good” rating.
The project will also be “district heating ready,” meaning that it will have the capacity to connect to any future district heating.
Vital Energi will install the underground CHP energy center, which will take the waste heat created during electricity generation and use it to provide heat, hot water and cooling for businesses and residents.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year