Lynxspring, Netop Launch LYNX CyberPRO
The negative consequences of cyber incidents directed at building and energy management systems are disruptive and potentially catastrophic. Such events may impact occupant productivity and personal safety, disrupt critical processes and shut down business operations entirely. The social implications can be as equally devastating with negative publicity and loss of customer confidence while the financial ramifications may be compounded with lawsuits and equipment replacement and repair, the companies say.
Incorporating IT security technology and practices along with real-time building operations and control methods, LYNX CyberPRO (screenshot, pictured) hardens the corporate firewall by removing exposed devices and ports from the public Internet.
The product reinforces the perimeter defense and creates additional layers of protection and prevention for the devices and systems across a building network by securing, managing, controlling, tracking and monitoring account access and activities, the companies say.
Lynxspring and Netop say that LYNX CyberPRO is non-disruptive and does not require any changes or enhancements to existing networks. The product supports leading building automation protocols using TCP/IP networks, open and legacy systems and can be accessed anywhere without exposing building system devices to the public Internet on a full-time basis. LYNX CyberPRO is scalable and can be deployed within existing buildings or new construction in a single and multi-facility environments, the companies say.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity