Lynxspring, Netop Launch LYNX CyberPRO
The negative consequences of cyber incidents directed at building and energy management systems are disruptive and potentially catastrophic. Such events may impact occupant productivity and personal safety, disrupt critical processes and shut down business operations entirely. The social implications can be as equally devastating with negative publicity and loss of customer confidence while the financial ramifications may be compounded with lawsuits and equipment replacement and repair, the companies say.
Incorporating IT security technology and practices along with real-time building operations and control methods, LYNX CyberPRO (screenshot, pictured) hardens the corporate firewall by removing exposed devices and ports from the public Internet.
The product reinforces the perimeter defense and creates additional layers of protection and prevention for the devices and systems across a building network by securing, managing, controlling, tracking and monitoring account access and activities, the companies say.
Lynxspring and Netop say that LYNX CyberPRO is non-disruptive and does not require any changes or enhancements to existing networks. The product supports leading building automation protocols using TCP/IP networks, open and legacy systems and can be accessed anywhere without exposing building system devices to the public Internet on a full-time basis. LYNX CyberPRO is scalable and can be deployed within existing buildings or new construction in a single and multi-facility environments, the companies say.
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions