Machine Learning for Energy Efficiency
Optimum Energy and consulting group The Data Guild are developing machine learning energy efficiency software for enterprises.
As Optimum continues to add multi-site HVAC systems to its real-time dynamic commissioning network, it is compiling a growing amount of real-world operating data. With 250 years of cumulative data currently available, Optimum is partnering with the Data Guild’s team of scientists to test and develop machine learning and predictive maintenance algorithms.
Optimum and The Data Guild are exploring techniques for using this data to predict performance of mechanical systems to meet cooling and heating loads more efficiently. The ongoing research and development will feed into software enhancements that Optimum will offer customers beginning in 2014.
Regarding the 250 years of data, an Optimum spokesperson said, “These are not calendar years, they are cumulative years of operating data. As we optimize energy consumption for a facility, we pull in real-time operating data. Doing so for one year (at one facility) qualifies as a year of data. We are accumulating about 8 years of operative data per month.”
Earlier this year, Optimum Energy completed a $12.2 million financing round – led by new investor Navitas Capital – to accelerate Optimum Energy’s energy optimization and machine learning technologies.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- LED Myths and Facts
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing