Mammoth Cave National Park Powered with Propane
To help Mammoth Cave National Park (MCNP) in Kentucky reduce its energy consumption, the Propane Education & Research Council (PERC) has donated propane-powered off-road and stationary equipment to fuel park operations.
Worth more than $62,000, the propane-powered equipment includes three John Deere zero-turn mowers, two Generac portable generators, and a CleanFuel USA propane dispenser featuring eConnect, a fuel network management system for electronic dispensers.
Not only does using propane-powered equipment help MCNP reduce greenhouse gas and carbon emissions and lower operating costs, it also advances the National Park Service Green Parks Plan, which is aimed at reducing dependence on foreign oil, mitigating effects of climate change and conserving energy.
In addition to PERC’s recent donation of propane-powered infrastructure and equipment, MCNP operates eight propane autogas Bluebird school buses and two propane autogas Roush CleanTech Ford F250 pick-up trucks.
MCNP’s sustainability efforts began in the late 1990s when it partnered with the Kentucky Clean Fuels Coalition (KCFC), which was instrumental in securing the donation of the first eight propane autogas buses, as well as cultivating MCNP’s relationship with PERC. KCFC has been advocating for alternative fuel usage and supporting the National Park Service since it was established in 1993.
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement