Managing Energy with Plug-in Adapters
Cool Energy Island launched its cloud-based energy management and networking service for homeowners and small/medium-sized businesses. The company says its system can reduce electric bills up to 40 percent by utilizing a set of plug-in energy management adapters that have been in use for years in Europe.
As soon as the “master adapter” is plugged into an outlet and connected to an Internet modem or router, the existing electrical wiring of the home or business is transformed into an encrypted high-speed network. The network is extended by adding more of the PlugLink adapters from Asoka USA and plugging them into outlets.
By accessing the system using any computer, smartphone, tablet or other smart device, users can remotely turn on and off devices in real time or schedule them to turn on/off based upon individual preferences.
Cool Energy Island’s energy management, automation networking and monitoring products use PowerLine Communications and WiFi technologies.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology