Managing Energy with Plug-in Adapters
Cool Energy Island launched its cloud-based energy management and networking service for homeowners and small/medium-sized businesses. The company says its system can reduce electric bills up to 40 percent by utilizing a set of plug-in energy management adapters that have been in use for years in Europe.
As soon as the “master adapter” is plugged into an outlet and connected to an Internet modem or router, the existing electrical wiring of the home or business is transformed into an encrypted high-speed network. The network is extended by adding more of the PlugLink adapters from Asoka USA and plugging them into outlets.
By accessing the system using any computer, smartphone, tablet or other smart device, users can remotely turn on and off devices in real time or schedule them to turn on/off based upon individual preferences.
Cool Energy Island’s energy management, automation networking and monitoring products use PowerLine Communications and WiFi technologies.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing