Manhattan Transit Building Demos Energy Storage
American Vanadium will partner with the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) to demonstrate the CellCube vanadium redox flow energy storage system. The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) will host the demonstration at its 1.6 million-sq-foot office building. ConEdison and the Advanced Energy Research Technology Center (AERTC) at Stony Brook will also support the effort.
The CellCube batteries complement an automated demand response system (ADR) developed for the building by Lawrence Berkley National Laboratory and previously funded by NYSERDA.
The vanadium flow battery technology, capable of multi-hour and multi-megawatt energy storage, can enable NYC commercial buildings to be “smarter” about how and when they use energy, and provide resiliency in times of need.
The CellCube is a commercial, modular energy storage system and can serve loads from 10 kW to multi-MWs.
American Vanadium is the master sales agent in North America for the CellCube systems, which are manufactured by Gildemeister. Additionally, American Vanadium controls the only vanadium deposit in the United States and, together with Gildemeister, they plan to establish CellCube sales and manufacturing capabilities in New York State.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB?
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement