Manufacturer Saves 50% on Energy with LED Retrofit
Badger Meter – a manufacturer of fluid flow measurement and control products – completed a retrofit that replaced nearly 8,500 fluorescent lamps with LED products across various operations in its 315,000-sq-foot manufacturing and office facility in Milwaukee, Wis.
The company wanted to save energy but also increase light levels for its nearly 500 employees in its 24/7 facility. Badger Meter selected Chicago-based Sustainable Solutions LED for the retrofit project.
Since the retrofit was completed in December 2013, Badger Meter has saved more than 50 percent on its energy costs for lighting and raised light levels by as much as 18 percent. Each LED is guaranteed for 50,000 hours. The retrofit is expected to pay for itself in 18 months.
Prior to the retrofit, Sustainable Solutions and Badger Meter tested different LED lighting products in various locations throughout the facility, such as the manufacturing floor, offices, bathrooms and hallways.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement