Manufacturer Saves 50% on Energy with LED Retrofit
Badger Meter – a manufacturer of fluid flow measurement and control products – completed a retrofit that replaced nearly 8,500 fluorescent lamps with LED products across various operations in its 315,000-sq-foot manufacturing and office facility in Milwaukee, Wis.
The company wanted to save energy but also increase light levels for its nearly 500 employees in its 24/7 facility. Badger Meter selected Chicago-based Sustainable Solutions LED for the retrofit project.
Since the retrofit was completed in December 2013, Badger Meter has saved more than 50 percent on its energy costs for lighting and raised light levels by as much as 18 percent. Each LED is guaranteed for 50,000 hours. The retrofit is expected to pay for itself in 18 months.
Prior to the retrofit, Sustainable Solutions and Badger Meter tested different LED lighting products in various locations throughout the facility, such as the manufacturing floor, offices, bathrooms and hallways.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Planning for a Sustainable Future