Manufacturer Saves $52,000 Per Year after SEP Certification
Specialty plastics manufacturer HARBEC improved its energy performance 16.5 percent to earn Platinum certification in the Superior Energy Performance (SEP) program administered through the US Department of Energy. HARBEC also conformed with the international energy management standard ISO 50001.
A case study from the Global Superior Energy Performance (GSEP) Energy Management Working Group (EMWG) says HARBEC improved the energy performance of its specialty plastics manufacturing plant in upstate New York primarily by managing its combined heat and power unit more efficiently.
The $127,000 invested to implement SEP was paid back by the resulting operational energy cost savings within 2.4 years. The energy management system now saves the plant 6 billion Btu annually and lowers energy costs by $52,000 each year at prevailing energy prices. HARBEC’s real-time automated system continuously monitors plant equipment to sustain and continuously improve energy performance.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future