Manufacturer Saves $52,000 Per Year after SEP Certification
Specialty plastics manufacturer HARBEC improved its energy performance 16.5 percent to earn Platinum certification in the Superior Energy Performance (SEP) program administered through the US Department of Energy. HARBEC also conformed with the international energy management standard ISO 50001.
A case study from the Global Superior Energy Performance (GSEP) Energy Management Working Group (EMWG) says HARBEC improved the energy performance of its specialty plastics manufacturing plant in upstate New York primarily by managing its combined heat and power unit more efficiently.
The $127,000 invested to implement SEP was paid back by the resulting operational energy cost savings within 2.4 years. The energy management system now saves the plant 6 billion Btu annually and lowers energy costs by $52,000 each year at prevailing energy prices. HARBEC’s real-time automated system continuously monitors plant equipment to sustain and continuously improve energy performance.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Gartner Magic Quadrant