Manufacturer Saves $52,000 Per Year after SEP Certification
Specialty plastics manufacturer HARBEC improved its energy performance 16.5 percent to earn Platinum certification in the Superior Energy Performance (SEP) program administered through the US Department of Energy. HARBEC also conformed with the international energy management standard ISO 50001.
A case study from the Global Superior Energy Performance (GSEP) Energy Management Working Group (EMWG) says HARBEC improved the energy performance of its specialty plastics manufacturing plant in upstate New York primarily by managing its combined heat and power unit more efficiently.
The $127,000 invested to implement SEP was paid back by the resulting operational energy cost savings within 2.4 years. The energy management system now saves the plant 6 billion Btu annually and lowers energy costs by $52,000 each year at prevailing energy prices. HARBEC’s real-time automated system continuously monitors plant equipment to sustain and continuously improve energy performance.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management