Marriott Hotel Achieves ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard
After DEKRA Certification completed an audit of the energy management system of the JW Marriott Washington DC Hotel, it presented an ISO 50001 certificate to the hotel in September.
The audit conducted by DEKRA verifies that JW Marriott Washington DC has implemented an energy management system, and that the normalized energy performance at the 1331 Pennsylvania Ave, NW location improved over the baseline.
Implementing ISO 50001 increased employee awareness of energy issues, encouraged behavioral changes to support energy management and helped the hotel develop achievable energy performance targets, according to the director of engineering at the Marriott hotel.
The purpose of the ISO 50001 certification is to provide an energy management framework for any organization utilizing energy resources in order to operate effectively. A process of improvement becomes part of the everyday culture.
DEKRA offers certification programs for ISO 50001 and SEP (Superior Energy Performance). DEKRA holds accreditation to ANSI, ANAB, and DAkks for Energy Management System certification.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Sustainable Edge™
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal