Marriott Hotel Achieves ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard
After DEKRA Certification completed an audit of the energy management system of the JW Marriott Washington DC Hotel, it presented an ISO 50001 certificate to the hotel in September.
The audit conducted by DEKRA verifies that JW Marriott Washington DC has implemented an energy management system, and that the normalized energy performance at the 1331 Pennsylvania Ave, NW location improved over the baseline.
Implementing ISO 50001 increased employee awareness of energy issues, encouraged behavioral changes to support energy management and helped the hotel develop achievable energy performance targets, according to the director of engineering at the Marriott hotel.
The purpose of the ISO 50001 certification is to provide an energy management framework for any organization utilizing energy resources in order to operate effectively. A process of improvement becomes part of the everyday culture.
DEKRA offers certification programs for ISO 50001 and SEP (Superior Energy Performance). DEKRA holds accreditation to ANSI, ANAB, and DAkks for Energy Management System certification.
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management