Marriott Hotel Achieves ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard
After DEKRA Certification completed an audit of the energy management system of the JW Marriott Washington DC Hotel, it presented an ISO 50001 certificate to the hotel in September.
The audit conducted by DEKRA verifies that JW Marriott Washington DC has implemented an energy management system, and that the normalized energy performance at the 1331 Pennsylvania Ave, NW location improved over the baseline.
Implementing ISO 50001 increased employee awareness of energy issues, encouraged behavioral changes to support energy management and helped the hotel develop achievable energy performance targets, according to the director of engineering at the Marriott hotel.
The purpose of the ISO 50001 certification is to provide an energy management framework for any organization utilizing energy resources in order to operate effectively. A process of improvement becomes part of the everyday culture.
DEKRA offers certification programs for ISO 50001 and SEP (Superior Energy Performance). DEKRA holds accreditation to ANSI, ANAB, and DAkks for Energy Management System certification.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles