Marriott Hotel Achieves ISO 50001 Energy Management Standard
After DEKRA Certification completed an audit of the energy management system of the JW Marriott Washington DC Hotel, it presented an ISO 50001 certificate to the hotel in September.
The audit conducted by DEKRA verifies that JW Marriott Washington DC has implemented an energy management system, and that the normalized energy performance at the 1331 Pennsylvania Ave, NW location improved over the baseline.
Implementing ISO 50001 increased employee awareness of energy issues, encouraged behavioral changes to support energy management and helped the hotel develop achievable energy performance targets, according to the director of engineering at the Marriott hotel.
The purpose of the ISO 50001 certification is to provide an energy management framework for any organization utilizing energy resources in order to operate effectively. A process of improvement becomes part of the everyday culture.
DEKRA offers certification programs for ISO 50001 and SEP (Superior Energy Performance). DEKRA holds accreditation to ANSI, ANAB, and DAkks for Energy Management System certification.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management