Marriott Picks Constellation to Supply Electricity in Arizona
In early 2012, a rate case settlement with Arizona Public Service Company (APS) established a new program that permits eight large customers in the APS service territory – chosen through a lottery – to select an alternate supplier of electricity in lieu of APS’s standard service.
Customers participating in the program must have a minimum peak load of 10 MW, and the overall size of the program is capped at 200 MW of peak load.
The settlement was signed by APS, Arizona Corporation Commission Utilities Division Staff, the Residential Utility Consumer Office, Noble Americas Energy Solutions, Constellation NewEnergy, Direct Energy, Shell Energy North America, AARP, Kroger, Walmart and other parties, according to Energy Choice Matters.
Now, Constellation has announced it will provide electricity to Marriott in Arizona. While savings will vary based on customer usage and contract terms, Marriott expects to save about 10 percent when compared to APS standard service rates. Marriott began taking service under this program on Dec. 1.
To initiate the service, Constellation has executed a trilateral wholesale supply agreement with Marriott and APS, which will be administered by the company’s Constellation NewEnergy and Constellation Energy Commodities Group subsidiaries.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement