Marriott Reduces Energy at European Hotels
Marriott is implementing three new initiatives to help reduce energy consumption across its European hotels. The initiatives involve energy management systems, demand response and cogeneration.
In partnership with Siemens, Marriott is implementing an energy optimization program in Europe. Beginning with a first phase of 20 hotels, Marriott and Siemens will audit energy usage and optimize building management systems to monitor energy consumption. Additionally, hotel associates will be able to track energy use in real-time via Green Building Monitors, enabling them to actively contribute to energy saving and develop a greater awareness of their contribution to sustainability.
In a second initiative, Marriott is working with KiWi Power to make temporary reductions in energy consumption during times of peak demand on the National Grid. The demand response solution will enable hotels to temporarily reduce their non-essential services, such as cooling and air handling, during times when the electricity grid is highly congested. The demand response program is being trialed in four London Marriott hotels.
A third initiative will expand Marriott’s combined heat and power and voltage optimization program in Europe to include an additional 20 properties.
To share European sustainability news with its associates, Marriott has launched an online news centre, EuropeSERVE.com. The site will keep hotel associates abreast of Marriott in Europe’s sustainability goals and community engagement initiatives, as well as provide a platform for sharing accomplishments and best practices.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Gartner Magic Quadrant