Mass. Installs EnerNOC Software in 480 State Buildings
The Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources is making progress on its comprehensive initiative to reduce energy costs across state-owned facilities. To accomplish its energy goals, the state has entered into a $10 million contract with EnerNOC. The vendor says it has completed the installation phase of the project, including set-up of approximately 1,300 meters in over 480 buildings across 43 sites.
More than two million data points from these facilities are now being streamed each week to EnerNOC’s network operations center, where the energy data from each building is analyzed, organized and prioritized into lists of actionable energy efficiency measures. Being able to analyze daily usage can help facilities managers identify problems and bring them to closure quicker than is possible through analysis of monthly energy bills.
Participants in the program include Westfield State College, Fitchburg State University, Massachusetts Hospital School, Bridgewater State University, Massachusetts Trial Courts and the Bureau of State Office Buildings, among others.
Funding from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) paid for the initial phase of the state’s project. The next phase of the deployment, in which the energy use of community colleges, trial courts, and other state-owned office buildings will be brought online, is being funded in part by the Massachusetts Division of Capital Asset Management.
EnerNOC’s deal with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts follows on the heels of a similar deal with the state of Connecticut, which selected EnerNOC’s EfficiencySmart energy-efficiency system to help it reduce energy use and costs at up to 100 state facilities through 2014.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB?
- BuildingIQ Security
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement