Mass. Installs EnerNOC Software in 480 State Buildings
The Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources is making progress on its comprehensive initiative to reduce energy costs across state-owned facilities. To accomplish its energy goals, the state has entered into a $10 million contract with EnerNOC. The vendor says it has completed the installation phase of the project, including set-up of approximately 1,300 meters in over 480 buildings across 43 sites.
More than two million data points from these facilities are now being streamed each week to EnerNOC’s network operations center, where the energy data from each building is analyzed, organized and prioritized into lists of actionable energy efficiency measures. Being able to analyze daily usage can help facilities managers identify problems and bring them to closure quicker than is possible through analysis of monthly energy bills.
Participants in the program include Westfield State College, Fitchburg State University, Massachusetts Hospital School, Bridgewater State University, Massachusetts Trial Courts and the Bureau of State Office Buildings, among others.
Funding from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) paid for the initial phase of the state’s project. The next phase of the deployment, in which the energy use of community colleges, trial courts, and other state-owned office buildings will be brought online, is being funded in part by the Massachusetts Division of Capital Asset Management.
EnerNOC’s deal with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts follows on the heels of a similar deal with the state of Connecticut, which selected EnerNOC’s EfficiencySmart energy-efficiency system to help it reduce energy use and costs at up to 100 state facilities through 2014.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management