Mass. Installs EnerNOC Software in 480 State Buildings
The Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources is making progress on its comprehensive initiative to reduce energy costs across state-owned facilities. To accomplish its energy goals, the state has entered into a $10 million contract with EnerNOC. The vendor says it has completed the installation phase of the project, including set-up of approximately 1,300 meters in over 480 buildings across 43 sites.
More than two million data points from these facilities are now being streamed each week to EnerNOC’s network operations center, where the energy data from each building is analyzed, organized and prioritized into lists of actionable energy efficiency measures. Being able to analyze daily usage can help facilities managers identify problems and bring them to closure quicker than is possible through analysis of monthly energy bills.
Participants in the program include Westfield State College, Fitchburg State University, Massachusetts Hospital School, Bridgewater State University, Massachusetts Trial Courts and the Bureau of State Office Buildings, among others.
Funding from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) paid for the initial phase of the state’s project. The next phase of the deployment, in which the energy use of community colleges, trial courts, and other state-owned office buildings will be brought online, is being funded in part by the Massachusetts Division of Capital Asset Management.
EnerNOC’s deal with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts follows on the heels of a similar deal with the state of Connecticut, which selected EnerNOC’s EfficiencySmart energy-efficiency system to help it reduce energy use and costs at up to 100 state facilities through 2014.
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Gartner Magic Quadrant