Mass. Installs EnerNOC Software in 480 State Buildings
The Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources is making progress on its comprehensive initiative to reduce energy costs across state-owned facilities. To accomplish its energy goals, the state has entered into a $10 million contract with EnerNOC. The vendor says it has completed the installation phase of the project, including set-up of approximately 1,300 meters in over 480 buildings across 43 sites.
More than two million data points from these facilities are now being streamed each week to EnerNOC’s network operations center, where the energy data from each building is analyzed, organized and prioritized into lists of actionable energy efficiency measures. Being able to analyze daily usage can help facilities managers identify problems and bring them to closure quicker than is possible through analysis of monthly energy bills.
Participants in the program include Westfield State College, Fitchburg State University, Massachusetts Hospital School, Bridgewater State University, Massachusetts Trial Courts and the Bureau of State Office Buildings, among others.
Funding from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) paid for the initial phase of the state’s project. The next phase of the deployment, in which the energy use of community colleges, trial courts, and other state-owned office buildings will be brought online, is being funded in part by the Massachusetts Division of Capital Asset Management.
EnerNOC’s deal with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts follows on the heels of a similar deal with the state of Connecticut, which selected EnerNOC’s EfficiencySmart energy-efficiency system to help it reduce energy use and costs at up to 100 state facilities through 2014.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management