Matching Funds for Solar Offered to South Carolina Schools
A pilot program sponsored by Palmetto Clean Energy, a South Carolina nonprofit that promotes renewable energy resources, is conducting the Solar Matching Grant Pilot, which will target K-12 schools in South Carolina. The $250,000 program will cover 50 percent of a school’s rooftop solar installation – up to $50,000.
K-12 schools and not-for-profit 501(c)3 educational institutions in South Carolina are eligible.
The program is aimed at enabling more schools and educational institutions to take advantage of solar technologies by assisting with upfront costs involved with installation.
The pilot program is funded by a previously announced contribution by Duke Energy. The contribution was part of a settlement agreement reached with the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) and the Coastal Conservation League (CCL) during the Duke Energy-Progress Energy merger.
The program will not only help trim energy costs for school districts, but will create educational opportunities around this renewable energy source for South Carolina students. Application forms are due Oct. 1, and awards will be announced Nov. 15. Schools and other 501(c)3 educational institutions that have undergone energy audits and implemented energy efficiency savings programs are encouraged to apply.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement