Matching Funds for Solar Offered to South Carolina Schools
A pilot program sponsored by Palmetto Clean Energy, a South Carolina nonprofit that promotes renewable energy resources, is conducting the Solar Matching Grant Pilot, which will target K-12 schools in South Carolina. The $250,000 program will cover 50 percent of a school’s rooftop solar installation – up to $50,000.
K-12 schools and not-for-profit 501(c)3 educational institutions in South Carolina are eligible.
The program is aimed at enabling more schools and educational institutions to take advantage of solar technologies by assisting with upfront costs involved with installation.
The pilot program is funded by a previously announced contribution by Duke Energy. The contribution was part of a settlement agreement reached with the Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) and the Coastal Conservation League (CCL) during the Duke Energy-Progress Energy merger.
The program will not only help trim energy costs for school districts, but will create educational opportunities around this renewable energy source for South Carolina students. Application forms are due Oct. 1, and awards will be announced Nov. 15. Schools and other 501(c)3 educational institutions that have undergone energy audits and implemented energy efficiency savings programs are encouraged to apply.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Environmental Leader Technology Reviews
- Q4 2013 Sustainability Trends - The Logistics, Carbon and Business Data Book
- 2013 Insider Knowledge
- 9 Ways to Reduce Energy Costs
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 5 Must-Have Utility Billing Alerts
- Managing Enterprise Assets and IT Assets in a Converged World
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing
- Control the Balance of Power: The Future of Intelligent Energy Systems