MaxLite Introduces LED Lensed Retrofit Kit
The LED Lensed Retrofit Kit by MaxLite installs into existing troffers while avoiding the need to enter the ceiling space. The devices are less than 3 inches deep and are desdigned to fit into standard 2-by-2 and 2-by-4 troffers. The installation in most cases takes less than 10 minutes, according to MaxLite.
The LEDs consume 40 percent less energy and have a longer life – 100,000 hours at L70 standards — than fluorescent light. They are designed for office, retail, healthcare, education and hospitality installations. The kit come in 25- and 35-watt and 3500K, 4100K and 5000K color temperatures. The kits work with standard 0-10v dimming controls. The kit is qualified by the DesignLights Consortium and is therefore is eligible for utility rebate programs.
A case study at Green and Save looked at the use of LEDs for exterior lighting at a Burger King restaurant in Elizabeth, N.J. The study concluded that the lifetime savings for the franchise owner in lighting costs, with some variables assumed, could be more than $850,000.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles