McKinstry Completes Retrofit of Rural Schools
McKinstry completed a retrofit of the middle school and high school for Salem R80 School District in Salem, Mo. Both schools received safety and security upgrades, new classrooms to eliminate mobile classrooms, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) upgrades. The project was made possible by a voter-approved $4.5 million bond issue.
Construction and renovations began in May 2013. Energy and efficiency upgrades included new HVAC units and replacement of roofs to keep heat and air conditioning from escaping the building.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future