Mechanical, Lighting Retrofits Reduce Energy 19% at Concrete Firm
World Energy Solutions helped Boston Sand & Gravel Company implement two major projects to cut energy consumption at its main manufacturing and maintenance facilities in Boston. Through a series of mechanical and lighting retrofits executed by World Energy, and incentives, including a zero percent financing option, offered by NSTAR, the energy efficiency measures are anticipated to reduce energy usage by about 19 percent.
The combined projects, incentives and financing provide Boston Sand & Gravel a two-year payback with no out-of-pocket expense, says World Energy.
Boston Sand & Gravel initially engaged World Energy to help design controls for its manufacturing process. Along with implementing process controls and variable frequency drives (VFDs), which will make the firm’s dust collectors and conveyor systems operate more efficiently, World Energy identified additional areas for energy-savings, including LED lighting upgrades and lighting controls, which have now been implemented.
Earlier this month, World Energy Solutions said it had helped Glastonbury, Conn.-headquartered fitness chain Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness save more than $1 million through a series of online electricity auctions, energy efficiency measures and utility incentives.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management