Mechanical, Lighting Retrofits Reduce Energy 19% at Concrete Firm
World Energy Solutions helped Boston Sand & Gravel Company implement two major projects to cut energy consumption at its main manufacturing and maintenance facilities in Boston. Through a series of mechanical and lighting retrofits executed by World Energy, and incentives, including a zero percent financing option, offered by NSTAR, the energy efficiency measures are anticipated to reduce energy usage by about 19 percent.
The combined projects, incentives and financing provide Boston Sand & Gravel a two-year payback with no out-of-pocket expense, says World Energy.
Boston Sand & Gravel initially engaged World Energy to help design controls for its manufacturing process. Along with implementing process controls and variable frequency drives (VFDs), which will make the firm’s dust collectors and conveyor systems operate more efficiently, World Energy identified additional areas for energy-savings, including LED lighting upgrades and lighting controls, which have now been implemented.
Earlier this month, World Energy Solutions said it had helped Glastonbury, Conn.-headquartered fitness chain Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness save more than $1 million through a series of online electricity auctions, energy efficiency measures and utility incentives.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software