Mechanical, Lighting Retrofits Reduce Energy 19% at Concrete Firm
World Energy Solutions helped Boston Sand & Gravel Company implement two major projects to cut energy consumption at its main manufacturing and maintenance facilities in Boston. Through a series of mechanical and lighting retrofits executed by World Energy, and incentives, including a zero percent financing option, offered by NSTAR, the energy efficiency measures are anticipated to reduce energy usage by about 19 percent.
The combined projects, incentives and financing provide Boston Sand & Gravel a two-year payback with no out-of-pocket expense, says World Energy.
Boston Sand & Gravel initially engaged World Energy to help design controls for its manufacturing process. Along with implementing process controls and variable frequency drives (VFDs), which will make the firm’s dust collectors and conveyor systems operate more efficiently, World Energy identified additional areas for energy-savings, including LED lighting upgrades and lighting controls, which have now been implemented.
Earlier this month, World Energy Solutions said it had helped Glastonbury, Conn.-headquartered fitness chain Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness save more than $1 million through a series of online electricity auctions, energy efficiency measures and utility incentives.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year