Mechanical, Lighting Retrofits Reduce Energy 19% at Concrete Firm
World Energy Solutions helped Boston Sand & Gravel Company implement two major projects to cut energy consumption at its main manufacturing and maintenance facilities in Boston. Through a series of mechanical and lighting retrofits executed by World Energy, and incentives, including a zero percent financing option, offered by NSTAR, the energy efficiency measures are anticipated to reduce energy usage by about 19 percent.
The combined projects, incentives and financing provide Boston Sand & Gravel a two-year payback with no out-of-pocket expense, says World Energy.
Boston Sand & Gravel initially engaged World Energy to help design controls for its manufacturing process. Along with implementing process controls and variable frequency drives (VFDs), which will make the firm’s dust collectors and conveyor systems operate more efficiently, World Energy identified additional areas for energy-savings, including LED lighting upgrades and lighting controls, which have now been implemented.
Earlier this month, World Energy Solutions said it had helped Glastonbury, Conn.-headquartered fitness chain Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness save more than $1 million through a series of online electricity auctions, energy efficiency measures and utility incentives.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- LED Myths and Facts
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- Support Lean Manufacturing Principles with IBM Maximo Asset Management
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing