Mexican Energy Agenda Attracts Support
Up to $3.9 million will support the 21st Century Power Partnership to create and operate a platform for power sector technical support for the Mexican federal government as part of its energy reform agenda.
The 21st Century Power Partnership is an initiative of the Clean Energy Ministerial, a global forum to facilitate the transition to a global clean energy economy.
The investment allows for the expansion of technical assistance from the international network of power system experts to strengthen and support Mexico’s power sector, according to National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
NREL and its institutional partner, the Joint Institute for Strategic Energy Analysis, act as operating agent of the Power Partnership and will manage the new program.
The activities in this program have been developed in partnership with key stakeholders from the Mexican energy system, including the Secretariat of Energy (SENER), Federal Electricity Commission (CFE), Energy Regulatory Commission (CRE), and Electricity Research Institute (IIE). The CIFF funding will be spread over a three-year period.
Foreign investment in the Mexican energy industry is a relatively new phenomenon, with ventures with the nationalized oil company only recently allowed.
Photo: Esparta Palma Flickr photostream
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management