Mexican Energy Agenda Attracts Support
Up to $3.9 million will support the 21st Century Power Partnership to create and operate a platform for power sector technical support for the Mexican federal government as part of its energy reform agenda.
The 21st Century Power Partnership is an initiative of the Clean Energy Ministerial, a global forum to facilitate the transition to a global clean energy economy.
The investment allows for the expansion of technical assistance from the international network of power system experts to strengthen and support Mexico’s power sector, according to National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
NREL and its institutional partner, the Joint Institute for Strategic Energy Analysis, act as operating agent of the Power Partnership and will manage the new program.
The activities in this program have been developed in partnership with key stakeholders from the Mexican energy system, including the Secretariat of Energy (SENER), Federal Electricity Commission (CFE), Energy Regulatory Commission (CRE), and Electricity Research Institute (IIE). The CIFF funding will be spread over a three-year period.
Foreign investment in the Mexican energy industry is a relatively new phenomenon, with ventures with the nationalized oil company only recently allowed.
Photo: Esparta Palma Flickr photostream
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement