Mexican Factory Buys Efficient Gas Chiller
Tecogen sold a Tecochill CH-400x natural gas-powered chiller to Stanley Black & Decker. The unit will produce 400 tons of cooling for Black & Decker’s manufacturing plant in Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mexico.
The Tecogen chiller will provide chilled water for both air conditioning and process manufacturing in the 300,000-sq-foot facility through a common loop system. The Tecochill unit is replacing two electric chillers and is part of an upgrade to the plant to increase efficiency and reduce energy costs. For the portion of the plant served by the Tecochill unit, energy costs are expected to be reduced by more than 60 percent.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year