Mexico Shopping for 2M Smart Meters
Metering and Smart Energy International reports that Mexico has issued several tenders for a total of more than 2 million smart meters. The information is included in research by the Northeast Group, which says that the tenders are part of a bigger project to deploy 30.2 million smart meters between this year and 2025.
Mexico is making a $10.9 billion investment in smart grid infrastructure and is the second largest consumer of smart grid technology, after Brazil, in Latin America. In addition to smart meters, the investments include distribution automation, battery storage, home energy management, information technology and wide area measure, according to the story. The PIDIREGAS program, which uses private sources to carry out public projects, has put out tenders for the 2 million smart meters.
Last week, OMNETRIC Group, a joint venture of Accenture and Siemens that specializes in smart grid technology, said that it is expanding to Brazil this year and eventually will operate throughout Latin America. OMNETRIC, which combines Siemens technology with Accenture’s management and other assets, integrates systems for smart metering, energy consumption and work and asset management with advanced operational management.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- There’s Money in the Trash