Michigan Building Retrofits with PACE
A privately-financed Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) project in Michigan will involve over $1 million of improvements to the 1-800-Law-Firm building in Southfield. Over $500,000 will be financed through PACE, a tool that allows any business to use a property tax assessment to obtain much longer term financing than is otherwise available in the capital markets.
Lean & Green Michigan is the administrator of Southfield’s PACE program, which is a public-private partnership. The project will add solar and wind generating capacity, electric vehicle charging stations, and additional efficiency measures to the building.
Lean & Green Michigan is a statewide PACE program open to all Michigan counties and cities for free. Already, six counties and two cities with a total population of 3.6 million (37 percent of all Michiganders) have joined Lean & Green Michigan’s PACE.
Business property owners can finance almost any combination of clean energy improvements to their buildings through PACE, including energy and water efficiency measures and renewable energy generation. In general, for a project to be approved it must be cash flow positive for the property owner. That means that the energy savings must be greater than the payments throughout the life of the finance term.
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement