Michigan Businesses Urged to Buy Made-in-Michigan Energy Products
Jackson, Mich.-based Consumers Energy has signed up more than 900 business customers as part of its energy efficiency program, and those customers are saving $3.9 million in annual energy costs.
The utility awarded about $3.7 million in incentives to those customers in the third quarter of this year as part of its energy-efficiency efforts, which stem from the state’s energy-reform law, according to MLive. The business solutions incentives are helping Michigan schools and businesses cut costs now and reduce operating costs for years to come.
In addition to the standard rebates, Consumers Energy allows business customers an extra incentive bonus of 15 percent if they purchase energy-efficient equipment made in Michigan. The new Buy Michigan program is part of the utility’s energy-efficiency program, which was launched in accordance with the state’s 2008 energy-reform law, requiring that 10 percent of Consumers’ Energy come from Michigan-based renewable sources by 2015.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Combined Heat and Power
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management