4 Michigan Farms Help Utility Produce Electricity
Consumers Energy selected the following four Michigan farms to produce renewable energy with anaerobic digesters.
Beaver Creek Farms, Coopersville
Brook View Dairy, Freeport
Green Meadow Farms Inc., Elsie
Scenic View Dairy, Fennville
Consumers Energy developed the new anaerobic digester program along with Michigan State University and the state’s agricultural community.
The farms have the opportunity to generate electricity under long-term contracts that collectively provide 2.6 MW of electric capacity.
Photo: Dairy farm via Shutterstock
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Combined Heat and Power
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles