4 Michigan Farms Help Utility Produce Electricity
Consumers Energy selected the following four Michigan farms to produce renewable energy with anaerobic digesters.
Beaver Creek Farms, Coopersville
Brook View Dairy, Freeport
Green Meadow Farms Inc., Elsie
Scenic View Dairy, Fennville
Consumers Energy developed the new anaerobic digester program along with Michigan State University and the state’s agricultural community.
The farms have the opportunity to generate electricity under long-term contracts that collectively provide 2.6 MW of electric capacity.
Photo: Dairy farm via Shutterstock
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles