4 Michigan Farms Help Utility Produce Electricity
Consumers Energy selected the following four Michigan farms to produce renewable energy with anaerobic digesters.
Beaver Creek Farms, Coopersville
Brook View Dairy, Freeport
Green Meadow Farms Inc., Elsie
Scenic View Dairy, Fennville
Consumers Energy developed the new anaerobic digester program along with Michigan State University and the state’s agricultural community.
The farms have the opportunity to generate electricity under long-term contracts that collectively provide 2.6 MW of electric capacity.
Photo: Dairy farm via Shutterstock
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management