4 Michigan Farms Help Utility Produce Electricity
Consumers Energy selected the following four Michigan farms to produce renewable energy with anaerobic digesters.
Beaver Creek Farms, Coopersville
Brook View Dairy, Freeport
Green Meadow Farms Inc., Elsie
Scenic View Dairy, Fennville
Consumers Energy developed the new anaerobic digester program along with Michigan State University and the state’s agricultural community.
The farms have the opportunity to generate electricity under long-term contracts that collectively provide 2.6 MW of electric capacity.
Photo: Dairy farm via Shutterstock
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Under the Lens: Claiming Green