4 Michigan Farms Help Utility Produce Electricity
Consumers Energy selected the following four Michigan farms to produce renewable energy with anaerobic digesters.
Beaver Creek Farms, Coopersville
Brook View Dairy, Freeport
Green Meadow Farms Inc., Elsie
Scenic View Dairy, Fennville
Consumers Energy developed the new anaerobic digester program along with Michigan State University and the state’s agricultural community.
The farms have the opportunity to generate electricity under long-term contracts that collectively provide 2.6 MW of electric capacity.
Photo: Dairy farm via Shutterstock
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year