Michigan IKEA Increases Solar Array 25%
IKEA plans to increase the solar array atop its Detroit-area store that opened eight years ago in Canton, Mich. In September, IKEA began work on a 44,000-sq-foot expansion to the store, which will increase the array’s size by 25 percent. The new panels will be installed beginning Spring 2015.
The 40,000-sq-foot solar addition will consist of a 240.9-kW system built with 765 panels and will produce 287,490 kWh more of electricity annually for the store. Including the existing system, IKEA Canton’s total 1,218.5-kW solar installation of 4,925 panels will generate 1,426,490 kWh yearly.
IKEA selected Inovateus Solar for the development, design and installation of the store’s solar system.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles