Micro Fuel Cell Powers USB Devices
UK-based Intelligent Energy’s Upp personal energy device has achieved IEC 62282-6-100 micro fuel cell technology certification and ISO 16111:2008, which together allow the product to be distributed internationally.
Upp is a consumer electronic device that can charge USB-compatible electronic devices such as smartphones and tablets.
The Upp fuel cell takes hydrogen provided by the Upp cartridge and combines it with air to produce electricity. Users simply need to connect the fuel cell to a replaceable cartridge.
The Upp companion mobile app communicates with the Upp product to automatically power down when a connected USB device is fully charged. The free Upp companion app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or from Google play for Android devices.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement