Micro Fuel Cell Powers USB Devices
UK-based Intelligent Energy’s Upp personal energy device has achieved IEC 62282-6-100 micro fuel cell technology certification and ISO 16111:2008, which together allow the product to be distributed internationally.
Upp is a consumer electronic device that can charge USB-compatible electronic devices such as smartphones and tablets.
The Upp fuel cell takes hydrogen provided by the Upp cartridge and combines it with air to produce electricity. Users simply need to connect the fuel cell to a replaceable cartridge.
The Upp companion mobile app communicates with the Upp product to automatically power down when a connected USB device is fully charged. The free Upp companion app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store or from Google play for Android devices.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash