Microgrid Alliance Forms
The Microgrid Alliance (MGA) has formed with the aim of bringing together parties that want to accelerate the growth of microgrids. Founding members include General MicroGrids, Landis+Gyr, Homer Energy, Alstom, Enbala, EarthSpark International, ESTA International, and Green Energy Corp.
MGA will host two inaugural events in the coming weeks: a Microgrid Workshop at the National Town Meeting on Demand Response & Smart Grid in Washington, DC, on May 19, and a meeting of members and prospective members at the Microgrid Global Summit in Irvine, Calif., on May 22.
Terry Mohn, CEO of General MicroGrids, is the chairman of the MGA.
This is the second microgrid group to form in 2014. In February, Princeton University, NRG Energy, ICETEC Energy, Concord Engineering and the International District Energy Association launched The Microgrid Resources Coalition to support microgrid deployment and the enhanced resilience, cost-effectiveness and energy efficiency they offer.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management