Microgrid Alliance Forms
The Microgrid Alliance (MGA) has formed with the aim of bringing together parties that want to accelerate the growth of microgrids. Founding members include General MicroGrids, Landis+Gyr, Homer Energy, Alstom, Enbala, EarthSpark International, ESTA International, and Green Energy Corp.
MGA will host two inaugural events in the coming weeks: a Microgrid Workshop at the National Town Meeting on Demand Response & Smart Grid in Washington, DC, on May 19, and a meeting of members and prospective members at the Microgrid Global Summit in Irvine, Calif., on May 22.
Terry Mohn, CEO of General MicroGrids, is the chairman of the MGA.
This is the second microgrid group to form in 2014. In February, Princeton University, NRG Energy, ICETEC Energy, Concord Engineering and the International District Energy Association launched The Microgrid Resources Coalition to support microgrid deployment and the enhanced resilience, cost-effectiveness and energy efficiency they offer.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls