Microgrid Alliance Forms
The Microgrid Alliance (MGA) has formed with the aim of bringing together parties that want to accelerate the growth of microgrids. Founding members include General MicroGrids, Landis+Gyr, Homer Energy, Alstom, Enbala, EarthSpark International, ESTA International, and Green Energy Corp.
MGA will host two inaugural events in the coming weeks: a Microgrid Workshop at the National Town Meeting on Demand Response & Smart Grid in Washington, DC, on May 19, and a meeting of members and prospective members at the Microgrid Global Summit in Irvine, Calif., on May 22.
Terry Mohn, CEO of General MicroGrids, is the chairman of the MGA.
This is the second microgrid group to form in 2014. In February, Princeton University, NRG Energy, ICETEC Energy, Concord Engineering and the International District Energy Association launched The Microgrid Resources Coalition to support microgrid deployment and the enhanced resilience, cost-effectiveness and energy efficiency they offer.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- The Top 5 Things You Should Know about Big Energy Data
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement