Microgrid Alliance Forms
The Microgrid Alliance (MGA) has formed with the aim of bringing together parties that want to accelerate the growth of microgrids. Founding members include General MicroGrids, Landis+Gyr, Homer Energy, Alstom, Enbala, EarthSpark International, ESTA International, and Green Energy Corp.
MGA will host two inaugural events in the coming weeks: a Microgrid Workshop at the National Town Meeting on Demand Response & Smart Grid in Washington, DC, on May 19, and a meeting of members and prospective members at the Microgrid Global Summit in Irvine, Calif., on May 22.
Terry Mohn, CEO of General MicroGrids, is the chairman of the MGA.
This is the second microgrid group to form in 2014. In February, Princeton University, NRG Energy, ICETEC Energy, Concord Engineering and the International District Energy Association launched The Microgrid Resources Coalition to support microgrid deployment and the enhanced resilience, cost-effectiveness and energy efficiency they offer.
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement