Microgrid Competition Offers $100,000 Awards
The US Energy Department launched the Microgrid 2014 MVP Challenge, which will recognize local organizations that have adopted successful grid strategies to ensure power during severe weather and other disruptive events.
The Challenge encourages organizations with operational microgrids, such as hospitals and water treatment plants, to submit their microgrid designs and operational data. The data will help DOE capture practical information that can be shared about how microgrids are being used to make communities more resilient.
Entries will be judged according to four criteria: resiliency, clean energy system, efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
The Energy Department will make $100,000 awards in each of the following six categories:
- Healthcare facilities;
- Emergency shelters, including housing and schools;
- Municipal facilities, including police stations, fire stations, and water treatment plants;
- Commercial facilities, including financial centers;
- Industrial facilities and activities, such as transportation and critical manufacturing; and
- Other government facilities.
The deadline for applying is August 29, 2014.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement