Microgrid Competition Offers $100,000 Awards
The US Energy Department launched the Microgrid 2014 MVP Challenge, which will recognize local organizations that have adopted successful grid strategies to ensure power during severe weather and other disruptive events.
The Challenge encourages organizations with operational microgrids, such as hospitals and water treatment plants, to submit their microgrid designs and operational data. The data will help DOE capture practical information that can be shared about how microgrids are being used to make communities more resilient.
Entries will be judged according to four criteria: resiliency, clean energy system, efficiency, and cost effectiveness.
The Energy Department will make $100,000 awards in each of the following six categories:
- Healthcare facilities;
- Emergency shelters, including housing and schools;
- Municipal facilities, including police stations, fire stations, and water treatment plants;
- Commercial facilities, including financial centers;
- Industrial facilities and activities, such as transportation and critical manufacturing; and
- Other government facilities.
The deadline for applying is August 29, 2014.
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement