Middlesex College Installs Geothermal System
Middlesex Community College has flipped the switch on a new geothermal project on the Bedford campus.
Geothermal technology has replaced the HVAC equipment in Trustees’ House, a three-story, 9,800-square-foot building on the Bedford campus. Coneco Energy was the contractor on the project.
In addition to a 2008 federal grant, Middlesex has been awarded a $75,000 state grant from the Department of Energy Resources.
The $325,000 project has an estimated annual savings of $6,524 and 5,392 therms.
- a minimum of 6 or 7 closed loop wells to provide almost 100% of heating and cooling HDPE loop piping
- three (3) Water Furnace water to air heat pumps
- expansion tank, air separator, duty-standby pumps
- energy metering / monitoring system with web access.
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide