Military Uses Microgrid for Forward Operating Bases
Eaton launched a microgrid management system to enhance the efficiency and reliability of military forward operating bases. The new Mobile Power Distribution System can transform independently operating generators into a demand-managed microgid.
In initial testing at US military base Fort Devens, the systems reduced fuel consumption in excess of 30 percent.
The Mobile Power Distribution System is designed to provide adequate power to meet current demands, rather than inefficiently engaging all generators at all times. This can reduce energy waste. Also it helps prevent grid collapse caused by generator fault by shifting demand onto supporting generators.
Intelligent Mobile Power Distribution System is designed to be compatible with leading generator manufacturers to help simplify installation and enhance scalability for future power system expansion. Additionally, the demand-managed system can be connected with optional solar and energy storage connectivity.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement