Military Uses Microgrid for Forward Operating Bases
Eaton launched a microgrid management system to enhance the efficiency and reliability of military forward operating bases. The new Mobile Power Distribution System can transform independently operating generators into a demand-managed microgid.
In initial testing at US military base Fort Devens, the systems reduced fuel consumption in excess of 30 percent.
The Mobile Power Distribution System is designed to provide adequate power to meet current demands, rather than inefficiently engaging all generators at all times. This can reduce energy waste. Also it helps prevent grid collapse caused by generator fault by shifting demand onto supporting generators.
Intelligent Mobile Power Distribution System is designed to be compatible with leading generator manufacturers to help simplify installation and enhance scalability for future power system expansion. Additionally, the demand-managed system can be connected with optional solar and energy storage connectivity.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide