Minnesota Town Powers Facilities with Community Solar
The city of Cologne, Minnesota, signed a contract to power up to 100 percent of its city facilities’ energy needs from community solar. The energy will be generated by over 2,700 solar panels in SunShare’s solar gardens currently under development through Xcel Energy’s Solar Rewards Community program. Cologne has a population around 1,500.
Last year, the community solar developer SunShare enrolled the first city in the nation – the City of Manitou Springs, Colorado – to power 100 percent of its city facilities with community solar.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year