Mint Energy Uses Website to Sell to C&I Customers in Massachusetts
Burlington, Massachusetts-based Mint Energy – a retail power supplier operating in the New England power market and focused on delivering energy solutions to commercial and industrial (C&I) customers – announced on February 8 that the company now is selling via its website. Customers may enroll online starting immediately.
Mint Energy’s first online offering is available to the C&I G1 business rate class. Customers can enroll in a program that includes a fixed electricity rate that Mint said is 30 percent lower than the corresponding current basic service rate offered by National Grid. Mint’s rate is 8.9 cents per kilowatt hour (kWh) until the customers’ December meter read.
“This compares very favorably to National Grid’s G1 Basic Service rate, which is set at 12.619¢/kWh until April 30,” the company stated.
Electricity can be a significant and rapidly fluctuating cost component for small businesses, and the savings realized by switching to Mint Energy could be substantial. According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration, in 2014 Massachusetts businesses consumed an average of 5,450 kWh per month. A customer with that usage level would save over $200 per month from now through April 30 by switching to competitive supply from Mint Energy, the company stated. Customers with higher usage could save even more.
Enrollment in Mint’s National Grid program has been consolidated and streamlined online, making it easy for customers to switch.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control