Minute Maid Park in Houston Going with Musco LEDs
Minute Maid Park, the home of The Houston Astros baseball team, will have new LEDs from Musco Sports Lighting when the first home game of the season is played on April 11.
The field will be using the company’s SportsCluster Green system, which is replacing the original metal halide equipment was installed in the stadium when it opened in 2000. The new lighting is expected to cut energy consumption by 52 percent, reduce glare via use of customized optics and, according to the press release, “create a stage-like atmosphere” for fans. Musco’s lighting is in use at the Houston Texans’ NRG Stadium, the San Antonio Spur’s AT&T Center and Arsenal Football Club’s Emirates Stadium, according to the press release.
In July, Ephesus Lighting said that the Wallace Wade Stadium, the field used the Duke University football team, will cut energy use by 40 percent by using its LED lighting.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase