MIT Uses KGS Buildings Software
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) integrated KGS Buildings’ software platform into its facility operations. KGS Buildings deployed its Clockworks performance management platform on over 60 buildings at MIT spanning over 10 million square feet, monitoring and providing analytics on over 7,000 pieces of equipment using over 14,000,000 data points per day.
MIT’s facilities’ teams use Clockworks automated diagnostics to prioritize operational problems by cost, comfort, and maintenance severity. In one 450,000-sq-foot lab building, through proactive operations responding to automated diagnostics, MIT has saved over $286,000 per year in avoidable energy cost. This has allowed MIT to capture utility incentives for reducing electric and gas consumption through its utility provider, NSTAR.
Clockworks prioritizes recommendations for operational efficiency every day by running diagnostic algorithms tailored to specific buildings and equipment with control sequence and engineering parameters. Real-time and historical data from building management systems and utility metering can be accessed through online dashboards with tools and metrics for many facilities stakeholders.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management