Mitsubishi Variable Frequency Drives Save Energy in HVAC
Mitsubishi Electric Automation introduced the F800 Series variable frequency drive (VFD) for precise motor speed control to improve efficiency of air movement through HVAC systems.
While the F800 is especially suitable for HVAC applications, including air handlers, cooling towers and pumps, this multi-functional F800 is also appropriate for pumps and fans within industrial applications. The F800 controls and supports multiple motor types, including AC induction and permanent magnet motors, eliminating the need to specify multiple VFDs to address various motor control needs. The company says the F800 is also suitable for food and beverage, automotive and water treatment industries.
The F800 uses embedded motor control algorithms that optimize AC motor voltage and current based on the desired load. This drive series also includes energy monitoring capabilities to capture and display actual energy usage.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds