Forest Lake, MN School Solar Project Ahead of Schedule
The Forest Lake (MN) school district began installing solar panels at several buildings in the autumn. The installation, according to The Lowdown, have gone more quickly than anticipated due to the warm winter weather.
The story says that the project eventually will include almost 6,300 panels across the school district. The district is getting help from Xcel energy, Apex Efficiency Solutions and TruNorth. An investor – who is not named in the story – funded the creation of the system and will maintain and insure the panels. After 20 years, the district will have the option of buying the infrastructure. Annual savings of more than $200,000 is expected.
In a podcast, officials of the Marana, AZ school system say that they expect to save $175,000 annually through the deployment of solar panels.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase