Forest Lake, MN School Solar Project Ahead of Schedule
The Forest Lake (MN) school district began installing solar panels at several buildings in the autumn. The installation, according to The Lowdown, have gone more quickly than anticipated due to the warm winter weather.
The story says that the project eventually will include almost 6,300 panels across the school district. The district is getting help from Xcel energy, Apex Efficiency Solutions and TruNorth. An investor – who is not named in the story – funded the creation of the system and will maintain and insure the panels. After 20 years, the district will have the option of buying the infrastructure. Annual savings of more than $200,000 is expected.
In a podcast, officials of the Marana, AZ school system say that they expect to save $175,000 annually through the deployment of solar panels.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers