Forest Lake, MN School Solar Project Ahead of Schedule
The Forest Lake (MN) school district began installing solar panels at several buildings in the autumn. The installation, according to The Lowdown, have gone more quickly than anticipated due to the warm winter weather.
The story says that the project eventually will include almost 6,300 panels across the school district. The district is getting help from Xcel energy, Apex Efficiency Solutions and TruNorth. An investor – who is not named in the story – funded the creation of the system and will maintain and insure the panels. After 20 years, the district will have the option of buying the infrastructure. Annual savings of more than $200,000 is expected.
In a podcast, officials of the Marana, AZ school system say that they expect to save $175,000 annually through the deployment of solar panels.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals