Modesto Irrigation Chooses DVI for Voltage Management
Modesto Irrigation District has selected DVI’s EDGE voltage management software platform to manage energy distribution related to the supply of irrigation water, drinking water, and electricity services in California’s Central Valley.
DVI is a Dominion company that offers technology to utilities to plan, manage and validate grid efficiency. Its EDGE software platform delivers an estimated overall energy savings of up to 4 percent through grid side energy efficiency management, the company said.
MID will use the software in conjunction with its existing Silver Spring Networks advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) deployment to provide the California utility with advanced Conservation Voltage Reduction (CVR) and Volt/Var Optimization capabilities, the companies said.
Anil Gadre with Silver Spring Networks said that CVR is a proven technique to leverage existing smart grid investments to lower voltage levels and save significant amounts of energy.
According to DVI, the EDGE system allows utilities to deploy incremental grid-side energy management that requires no behavioral changes or purchases by end-use consumers.
MID services 3,100 growers, 113,000 residential, commercial and industrial electricity customers, and the City of Modesto with about half of its annual drinking water needs.
Tom Kimball, assistant general manager for MID, said the DVI application uses AMI data for circuit optimization planning, management and control of voltage levels, as well as measurement and verification.
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 24 Hour Fitness Trims Waste Costs Through an Effective Waste Recycling Program
- Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive: Transforming Asset and Facilities Management with Analytics
- Complex Manufacturing Assets Require Integrated Management
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing