Modesto Irrigation Chooses DVI for Voltage Management
Modesto Irrigation District has selected DVI’s EDGE voltage management software platform to manage energy distribution related to the supply of irrigation water, drinking water, and electricity services in California’s Central Valley.
DVI is a Dominion company that offers technology to utilities to plan, manage and validate grid efficiency. Its EDGE software platform delivers an estimated overall energy savings of up to 4 percent through grid side energy efficiency management, the company said.
MID will use the software in conjunction with its existing Silver Spring Networks advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) deployment to provide the California utility with advanced Conservation Voltage Reduction (CVR) and Volt/Var Optimization capabilities, the companies said.
Anil Gadre with Silver Spring Networks said that CVR is a proven technique to leverage existing smart grid investments to lower voltage levels and save significant amounts of energy.
According to DVI, the EDGE system allows utilities to deploy incremental grid-side energy management that requires no behavioral changes or purchases by end-use consumers.
MID services 3,100 growers, 113,000 residential, commercial and industrial electricity customers, and the City of Modesto with about half of its annual drinking water needs.
Tom Kimball, assistant general manager for MID, said the DVI application uses AMI data for circuit optimization planning, management and control of voltage levels, as well as measurement and verification.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Smarter Asset Management for the Nuclear Power Imperative
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Dow Chemical Company Optimizes Facility Management Worldwide
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room