Modesto Irrigation Chooses DVI for Voltage Management
Modesto Irrigation District has selected DVI’s EDGE voltage management software platform to manage energy distribution related to the supply of irrigation water, drinking water, and electricity services in California’s Central Valley.
DVI is a Dominion company that offers technology to utilities to plan, manage and validate grid efficiency. Its EDGE software platform delivers an estimated overall energy savings of up to 4 percent through grid side energy efficiency management, the company said.
MID will use the software in conjunction with its existing Silver Spring Networks advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) deployment to provide the California utility with advanced Conservation Voltage Reduction (CVR) and Volt/Var Optimization capabilities, the companies said.
Anil Gadre with Silver Spring Networks said that CVR is a proven technique to leverage existing smart grid investments to lower voltage levels and save significant amounts of energy.
According to DVI, the EDGE system allows utilities to deploy incremental grid-side energy management that requires no behavioral changes or purchases by end-use consumers.
MID services 3,100 growers, 113,000 residential, commercial and industrial electricity customers, and the City of Modesto with about half of its annual drinking water needs.
Tom Kimball, assistant general manager for MID, said the DVI application uses AMI data for circuit optimization planning, management and control of voltage levels, as well as measurement and verification.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year