Modular Metering Promises Increased Energy Efficiency, Reduced Power Costs
Siemens has unveiled a modular metering product for energy monitoring, data analysis and sub-billing applications. The Siemens Embedded Micro Metering Module (SEM3) is targeted for multi-family, commercial and industrial applications, and allows for low-, medium- and high-density metering requirements to be met using only a few standardized components, the company said.
SEM3 can be installed standalone or incorporated into existing applications. The module provides real-time data from the controller’s standard built-in web pages. It has two levels of accuracy and can be customized to meet large or small metering needs. The SEM3 system is commonly used in the following applications:
- Sub-billing and cost allocation.
- System diagnostics and trending.
- LEED certification, measurement and verification.
- Load management.
- Commercial, residential and industrial metering.
- Meter system retrofits.
- Data center branch circuit monitoring.
SEM3 is pre-engineered to integrate into new Siemens panelboards and switchboards but can be implemented in OEM and retrofit applications as well.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation