Modular Metering Promises Increased Energy Efficiency, Reduced Power Costs
Siemens has unveiled a modular metering product for energy monitoring, data analysis and sub-billing applications. The Siemens Embedded Micro Metering Module (SEM3) is targeted for multi-family, commercial and industrial applications, and allows for low-, medium- and high-density metering requirements to be met using only a few standardized components, the company said.
SEM3 can be installed standalone or incorporated into existing applications. The module provides real-time data from the controller’s standard built-in web pages. It has two levels of accuracy and can be customized to meet large or small metering needs. The SEM3 system is commonly used in the following applications:
- Sub-billing and cost allocation.
- System diagnostics and trending.
- LEED certification, measurement and verification.
- Load management.
- Commercial, residential and industrial metering.
- Meter system retrofits.
- Data center branch circuit monitoring.
SEM3 is pre-engineered to integrate into new Siemens panelboards and switchboards but can be implemented in OEM and retrofit applications as well.
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals