Modular Metering Promises Increased Energy Efficiency, Reduced Power Costs
Siemens has unveiled a modular metering product for energy monitoring, data analysis and sub-billing applications. The Siemens Embedded Micro Metering Module (SEM3) is targeted for multi-family, commercial and industrial applications, and allows for low-, medium- and high-density metering requirements to be met using only a few standardized components, the company said.
SEM3 can be installed standalone or incorporated into existing applications. The module provides real-time data from the controller’s standard built-in web pages. It has two levels of accuracy and can be customized to meet large or small metering needs. The SEM3 system is commonly used in the following applications:
- Sub-billing and cost allocation.
- System diagnostics and trending.
- LEED certification, measurement and verification.
- Load management.
- Commercial, residential and industrial metering.
- Meter system retrofits.
- Data center branch circuit monitoring.
SEM3 is pre-engineered to integrate into new Siemens panelboards and switchboards but can be implemented in OEM and retrofit applications as well.
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape