Molex Becomes Cisco Solutions Technology Integrator
Molex said last week that it has become a Cisco Solutions Technology Integrator for connected commercial LED lighting. The company will work with Cisco and luminaire manufacturing partners to create the Transcend Connected Lighting System to deploy LED control with highly secure network architectures in non-residential settings.
Molex says that the transcend Connected Lighting System is an intelligent, low-voltage network that powers and controls LED fixtures and other devices. The system facilitates smart building convergence over IP networks, according to the press release. It uses power-over-Ethernet powering platforms and is open and scalable, according to Molex.
The Transcend system, which establishes connectivity from Cisco network switches to lighting fixtures, is evidence that data networks and smart building approaches are coalescing.
LEDinside reported last week that the Goshen (OH) Local School District has installed more than 3,900 Orion LED Troffer Retrofit fixtures. Duke Energy awarded the district a rebate of $130,160 for the upgrade.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection