Molex Becomes Cisco Solutions Technology Integrator
Molex said last week that it has become a Cisco Solutions Technology Integrator for connected commercial LED lighting. The company will work with Cisco and luminaire manufacturing partners to create the Transcend Connected Lighting System to deploy LED control with highly secure network architectures in non-residential settings.
Molex says that the transcend Connected Lighting System is an intelligent, low-voltage network that powers and controls LED fixtures and other devices. The system facilitates smart building convergence over IP networks, according to the press release. It uses power-over-Ethernet powering platforms and is open and scalable, according to Molex.
The Transcend system, which establishes connectivity from Cisco network switches to lighting fixtures, is evidence that data networks and smart building approaches are coalescing.
LEDinside reported last week that the Goshen (OH) Local School District has installed more than 3,900 Orion LED Troffer Retrofit fixtures. Duke Energy awarded the district a rebate of $130,160 for the upgrade.
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project