Monitor Tracks Power Usage
NK Technologies’ APN-R Series Power Monitor measures the power usage of a single piece of equipment, an extensive machine system, an area of a plant, or an entire facility. The APN-R is equally suited for large scale plant energy management applications, as well as specific equipment monitoring tasks, such as detecting conveyor jams and overloads, or identifying dry running pumps caused from clogged intake or discharge lines, impeller cavitation or bearing wear.
The APN-R is factory configured with 0-500 A or 0-2000 A range flexible coils to measure the load current. The line voltage (up to 600 VAC) connects directly to the transducer; no potential transformer is needed unless the line voltage exceeds 600 volts.
The APN-R measures three phases of current and voltage, and computes fourteen values necessary to track the power usage. The monitor’s digital format provides information on the system voltage, current, and power factor in addition to wattage. The monitor fits into industrial communications networks, both hard wired and wireless depending on the specifics of the application.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation