Monitor Tracks Power Usage
NK Technologies’ APN-R Series Power Monitor measures the power usage of a single piece of equipment, an extensive machine system, an area of a plant, or an entire facility. The APN-R is equally suited for large scale plant energy management applications, as well as specific equipment monitoring tasks, such as detecting conveyor jams and overloads, or identifying dry running pumps caused from clogged intake or discharge lines, impeller cavitation or bearing wear.
The APN-R is factory configured with 0-500 A or 0-2000 A range flexible coils to measure the load current. The line voltage (up to 600 VAC) connects directly to the transducer; no potential transformer is needed unless the line voltage exceeds 600 volts.
The APN-R measures three phases of current and voltage, and computes fourteen values necessary to track the power usage. The monitor’s digital format provides information on the system voltage, current, and power factor in addition to wattage. The monitor fits into industrial communications networks, both hard wired and wireless depending on the specifics of the application.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management